You already know that your skin care routine should include cleanser, toner and moisturizer. You also know that sleeping with makeup is the worst thing that you can do to your skin and that the SPF should be your BFF. But there is also one more product that you might not be familiar with but should be part from your everyday skin routine: the face serum.
The face serums are silicones or come in a creamy gel form and have a higher concentration of active ingredients (higher than a usual face cream). The ingredients include Vitamins C, K and E, antioxidants, retinols, hyaluronic acids, ceramides, glycerin, plant-based active ingredients, anti-inflammatory ingredients and natural ingredients that have the ability to penetrate deep within the layers of the skin so that you get the best results.
What are the benefits of face serums and what is the difference between face serums and moisturizers? Moisturizers keep the skin hydrated, moisturized and soft, on the other hand, the face serums provide the skin with hydration but can also:
- Create a more even skin tone
- Tighten the pores
- Reduce the appearance of the wrinkles and fine lines
- Reduce the appearance of sun spots and pigmentation
How to incorporate the face serum in your skin care routine?
For best results, it is important to apply the serum every day. Start your skin care routine by cleansing your face, then apply alcohol-free toner for deeper cleansing. After that apply your serum and wait for a few minutes until the serum is fully absorbed by the skin. Then you can apply the moisturizer.
How to choose the right serum?
When choosing your face serum, it is very important to take two factors into consideration:
- First, to consider your skin type. If you have dry skin, chose serum that contains Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. For oily and acne-prone skin try something with retinols and rosehip seed oil.
- Secondly, the skin problem you are trying to treat. There are different serums for different skin problems and you can choose which one is best for you.